Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Per Request... Yummy Burgers!

This is for you Cuz!

These are hands down the best non-meat burgers I have ever tasted or made.  Do you gag at the sight of those green and orange chunk veggie burgers? How is that suppose to pass for a replacement burger! Boca burgers are ok, but kinda too dry for me.

My BFF neighbor had to switch to a mostly vegan diet for heart health reasons.  I was cruising the internet for menu ideas for her when I came upon this recipe.  I love all things black bean so I gave it a try.

Seriously yummy! Make it just like a hamburger with all the fixings and you really won't miss the meat. I promise.

The first time I made them I followed the recipe exactly. This last time I doubled the recipe (except the garlic powder) and froze them. I cooked them from frozen and it worked just great. Bonus in my books! From frozen, if you are careful flipping them, I bet they would work on the grill. I'm also going to try to bake them in the oven.
This is a double recipe

All mixed up

1/4 cup pressed into patties on waxed paper

So good with ketchup, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomato, avacado, and cheese. I think I might try it off a bun next time with some mango salsa smothered on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment