Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blogging Award Thanks

Guess what made my day today?  I got nominated for a blogger award. I'm serious. Hands down my favorite blog -- you know, the one you check first every morning -- nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.  Thank you, Priscilla at ThriftyCraftGirl. If you haven't headed over to her blog, check it out. She'll brighten your day and inspire your fingers!




With great awards, comes great responsibility. (That's how it goes, right?)




Random Things, no particular order:

7. I was scared of the toothfairy just like Junie B. Jones. I lost my first tooth, put it under my pillow and awoke in the middle of the night. I'm positive that I heard her tiny scream as she jumped out the window to avoid being caught. I safely put later teeth under a folded blanket at the end of my bed so she wouldn't have to bother me to leave my surprise.
6. If I stretch really hard, I can almost reach the astounding height of 5 foot 1/2 inch.
5. I HATE cleaning, which is why I love crafting, reading, gardening and cooking. I can be productive and avoid post-pone cleaning. This is also the reason I can't get in my crap craft room right now. Sigh.
4. MegaMind is hands-down my favorite movie. I could watch it everyday. I answer the phone "O-lo". Code: Go watch it now!
3. Mr. L2D likes white walls with nothing hung on them.  This really should have been disclosed prior to vows being taken! I have to decorate slowly and allow him to get use to it. I'm really surprised that he hasn't mentioned the HUGE, ugly lamp in the living room that is awaiting a make-over. ;) At $2, I couldn't pass it up.
2. I love to sing, especially in my car and in the shower, but also in church. I'd much rather sing in front of people than speak.
1. I love craft blogs and I'm sure Mr. L2D thinks that all I do the live-long day is surf the internet. It's not my fault that when dinner's under control and I have a few moments to kill that he walks in the door at that precise minute I start pinteresting!


Now the hard part.  I really do value my time with 3 kiddos at home, so I confess I don't follow that many blogs.  Over the next few days I promise to search the web for fantastic blogs and try to remember those that have inspired me and recognize them here.  I don't want to turn this into a "chain letter" with random blogs that I've never visited. I'll even include a post I love from each.  Check them out too!


dollarstorecrafts.com  ---> Balloon Luminaries
somedaycrafts.com   ---> great round up of crafts
shanty-2-chic.com  ---> casserole tray
momscraftyspace.blogspot.com  --->  recycled bracelet
skiptomylou.org  ---> I spy bags
themotherhuddle.com  ---> Fat Quarter Pillowcase Dress
addicted2decorating.com  ---> Chrysanthemum Mirror
houseofhepworths.com  --->  Procrastination Inspiration--GET IT DONE!
lovingthiscrazylife-melissa.blogspot.com   ---> Craft Room Inspiration Round-up
craftiestmomontheblock.blogspot.com   ---> Awesome Sign
abeautifulmess.typepad.com   ---> Hanging Basket Garden
itsoverflowing.com  ---> Fun Photo Gifts





No comments:

Post a Comment