Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nifty Thrifty Thursday... Display Cases

I needed to go to the bank, the grocery store, and Wal-mart all before lunch... with 3 kids... so a thrift store visit wasn't going to happen. My kids survived the trip (amazingly behaved and I didn't have to threaten their lives once-- knock on wood and granite, metal, plastic, and cotton just to be covered!) Can I tell you how excited I am that in one week I'll be able to run errands with only my toddler in tow-- and she loves to shop! My bank account is in trouble. But I digress...

As I was checking out at Walmart, two employees made my day. When I said I'd like to price match the grapes at 88 cents, she said I'll give them to you for a better price and showed me some store's add for 69 cents a pound! woohoo! Thanks.  Then the gentleman that was changing over the display case said I could have these empty display case boxes. Double...make that, quadruple... thank you!


Oh, do I have plans for these.  They involve contact paper ('cuz really, who has time to modge podge scrapbook paper on 'em) and closet shelves. The Dollar Store has contact paper. But then again, school starts in a week and I just might have time-- Oh, the possibilities...


Stay tuned for more pictures when they get pretty! (Can you spray paint shiny cardboard? hmmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment